This post may contain affiliate links for products/services. If you make a purchase, I will receive a small commission at no extra cost to you.
According to studyabroad.com, more than 17,000 students study abroad in France each year, and international students now make up 10 percent of the country’s college student population.
That’s a pretty big number and I’m sure most of those students go over there with the intention of learning about French culture, food, art, try to speak the language, etc.
But what if you want to enjoy all that France has to offer as a student but can’t speak a lick of French? Well, there are several public universities that offer Bachelor Degree Programs taught completely in English!
Program costs are very affordable. Although tuition fees have increased for the 2019/2020 school year, the French government will cover 2/3 of your tuition costs. In some cases your fees could be reduced even further if you qualify for one of their special situations. Please review the updated tuition fee schedule for French public institutions.
Before I get started with the list, you need to be aware that the French equivalent of a Bachelor’s Degree in the U.S. is slightly different. It’s called a License, requires 180 ECTS (European Credit Transfer System), and only takes 3 years to complete.
Some of the programs on this list are just for the last year of the License program (L3). So if you’ve completed at least 2 years of a Bachelor’s program in the states and your coursework is related to the License program, your credits may transfer and allow you to complete your degree. Related work experience may also help your case. Be sure to check with the schools directly for specific application requirements.
1. Université Clermont Auvergne – Bachelor 3rd Year in International Business
2. Université Grenoble Alpes – Professional Bachelor : Computer Networks and telecommunications specializing in Computer Networks, mobility, Sécurity
3. University of Lille – IAE School of management – Bachelor in Business Administration (BBA)
4. Université Paris Est Créteil Val-de-Marne – Bachelor’s Degree in International Business (L1+L2+L3)
5. Université Paris Est Créteil Val-de-Marne – Bachelor’s Degree of Arts in English (Anglophone Studies)
6. Université Paris Est Créteil Val-de-Marne – International Economics & Management Bachelor’s Degree (3rd Year)
7. Université Paris Est Créteil Val-de-Marne – License 3 International Management
8. Université Toulouse 1 Capitole – Bachelor in International Management
Even though these programs are taught in English, it’s expected that you attempt to learn the French language as part of your coursework. The French are very proud of their language and culture and want you to embrace it as part of your educational experience!
I hope you found this information useful. Ready to take the plunge? Campus France is your first step in the process.
If you’re unsure about handling things on your own and want to explore your options, then contact me for a 1 hour consultation via Whatsapp.
Til next time!